“The importance of Dieting in a track and field athlete”
As a track and field runner, it’s essential that you manage your diet. Managing your diet can get complicated. However, the best diet for track and field runners is quite simple. Whether you’re a sprinter or a distance runner, your diet should consist of a balance or carbohydrates for fuel, protein for muscle repair and some fats for sustained energy and other vital bodily functions. For a better performance, focus on eating clean carb sources. If it can’t be grown or picked, chances are you should stay away from it.
Start your day off with a great nutritious Breakfast.
- Two or three eggs with one or two pieces of toast and orange juice.
- Oatmeal with nuts and berries
- Chicken breast filet on top of salad piled high with carrots
- peppers and cucumbers
- Sandwich made with whole-wheat bread, turkey, lettuce and tomato with a side salad.
Also before you train it is great to have:
- Granola bar
- Two to three pieces of any cut fruit
After your done training you also need protein and more carbs to recover:
- Lean cut of meat with a starch like potatoes
Serving of pasta with marinara sauce.
- an a protein source such as fava beans.
Before you go to sleep you can have some extra protein to recover faster and wake up energized the next morning with:
- A protein shake of 25-40 gm
- A quarter cup of almonds
- Xtend Bcaa’s
Remember the food you eat can vary and be very simple but don’t forget keep them carbs clean and balance them out with protein.